Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 45 - patiently waiting

For spring weather, none to be found in Pond yet. It's a sunny, calm -28, and surprisingly quite tolerable. One gust of wind and I would be eating those words. I don't expect to see anything above 0 until June. By then I should be able to bust out the fishing rod (and maybe a tan??).

Life has been calm and uneventful these past weeks, and even though we are only 6 weeks in to life in the north, I am hoping to have more to offer for people looking to relocate to the north. It took me so long to even begin to find any info on what it would be like to live in the arctic, and blogs were the only means to find decent information.  I spent months reading and following and making lists, with out them I would have been ill prepared.

I guess we really haven't come across much excitement as of yet.  I eagerly await mail, most recently a pilates mat and some dvd's, phone calls from home, or taking a walk (usually ended by loss of feeling in one or more appendages).  In our short time here I am starting to appreciate the slower pace of life more & more, what it has done for my health and my sanity :) My daily frustrations are at a minimum and 'waiting' for stuff is common place.  working a 12 hour day sitting behind a desk was exhausting, and although the days can be tiring, I have never been so free of stress and anxiety in as long as I can remember. It's refreshing.  speaking of ... Tuesday provided mild excitement and stress relief, office space styles:
welcome to the Pond dump
Matt did the most damage
but we were not leaving until I had a few goes at it.















 
Someone returned a defective tv. There was a dent in the box so we figure the screen was damaged in shipping.  We plugged it in and no go, so we had to write the sucker off.  The manager said we would need to destroy it and take it to the dump so people wouldn't try to take it home.  We gladly obliged and pounded the piss out of it.  I wish I could do that more often.

The rest of my evening consists of housewifery, supper, laundry, and a long hot soak.  The life.

Til next time,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment